Monday, February 11, 2008

The Amy Winehouse "introduction SLASH comeback tour"

Just me or were you completely uncomfortable watching Amy Winehouse sing about "Rehab"...smiling all the way...during last night's Grammy Awards telecast?

This is not a commentary as to whether or not she deserves the five Grammies though altmike does wonder if she would have won without snorting cocaine on a regular basis.

Really what is so strange to me is the combination "launch" and "comeback" performance...all blending together. Life imitating art? Art imitating life? It is too confusing for me to figure out.

The cynic in me is not beyond thinking that is all one big publicity stunt. It is too perfect marketing ploy.

And don't get me started on the Britney Spears "Piece of Me" video which I saw on the VH1 countdown this weekend. Did they pull her out of the loony bin to film this gem?

No comments:

Subscribe to: Posts (RSS)