Monday, April 02, 2007

.alt>fashion- Adidas will be endorsing me

In my dreams.
However, I will wearing Adidas products from head to toe when I play in my tournament this coming weekend. One thing I learned at the Sony Ericsson Open last week in Miami is that Adidas is the shit! They sponsor most of the hot players (including Novak Djokovic the men's champion) and they absolutely blow Nike and everyone else out of the water. I cannot believe how hideous the new Nike tennis fashions are.

Anyway just in case you were interested I wanted to show you what I will be competing in. Most who witness my tennis game might say that I should concentrate more on my serve instead of the color of my shorts. But then again they probably haven't read this.
Even if I can't get the ball over the net I will be stylin' and smilin' because I will be wearing the "Response Line" inspired by Andre Agassi. It is so "me"- a somewhat mature look (but not without flair). So what do you think? You like????
I can't stand collared shirts. Frankly I would prefer to play sleeveless or shirtless to show off these. But since this is a tournament, as a compromise I will wear a tee shirt. I thought that this shirt was just a bit classier than most everything out there. It is black with a white and lavender stripe down the front and the Adidas signature 3 stripe bar on the sleeves.

The shorts coordinate as you can see (can you see the stripes on the bottom corner of the shorts? Pretty cool, huh?), and I have to tell you the stripes on the front of the shorts and the shirt look pretty dapper when you put the two on together.
For day 2 of the tourney I will be wearing the same exact outfit....only in white- with black and lavender stripes.
The sneakers are one of styles of the Adidas Barracades. Kind of strange but I am going with navy blue/white sneaks which I picked up at the Adidas outlet here in Orlando even though black would be the obvious choice. The navy in the shoes is kind of between the black and lavender in the shirt and I really like the way it looks. Black would be just too predictable and I certainly don't want this to look like a uniform! Sidenote: Adidas.com could not guarentee that the black barracades would arrive prior to my tournament so all of a sudden the dark blue ones looked great.

For my cap and wristbands I am going with the .alt>ernative Adidas stripe
pattern.... looks like a pyramid. Why? Because I am .alt>mike! I have every Adidas style of socks known to mankind and I am not sure which ones I will end of wearing but they will be of the low ankle variety like these as opposed to the higher which I just don't like the feel and the marks they leave on your legs after your match and you put on your flip flops...



OK I will shut up now....the Monday Mashup will be up in a little while and you will see what happens when Aerosmith gets promiscuous.










10 comments:

Paul said...

Speaking of head to toe, was that you in the new undergear catalog?

Anonymous said...

oh good ... now that i know what you'll be wearing, i'll be able to spot you ...

now what's this about biceps?

(and still, for whatever reason, i can't log into your comments from my Mac ... i can do it from a PC, and I can log into other's comments sections ...

does this have to do with the restraining order?)

Sorted Lives said...

Very nice - you will definately be the sexiest one on the court.

Bobby said...

***smirk***

Good luck Michael! See you in about 24 hours!

:-)

A Lewis said...

So, how about you come out for a visit to Portland and I'll drive you straight up to the front gates of Nike Headquarters....you can have a word with them. As for the tennis gear, Ijust want to be there when the sweaty shirt, shorts, cap, socks all come off.....

My adventures said...

nice look, i like the sleeveless look that nadal does so well, with the capri pants, very euro!! the hubby has wilson as his sponsor, but it's all collared, white, and very country clubby...

Sorted Lives said...

Ohh, you never mentioned the jockstrap; will that be adidas too? Inqiring minds want to know!! Well, MiKell wants to know... I'm just saying...

Bobby said...

Michael, I will be back in Orlando on Sunday afternoon if you need a back rub after your tennis tourny!

I am free Tuesday and Wednesday to see our movie anytime... Thursday -Sunday afternoon I will be at beach... I head back to NYC Monday night around 6PM.

Btw, are you supposed to be playing Tennis during Passover?

Anonymous said...

If you need someone to make sure everything looks good on you (like it wouldn't), feel free to stop by and model for me.

MB said...

Oh, yes. Adidas is the shiznit. Their lines and quality blow Nike out of the water. I'm a big fan of their running gear as well.

You've picked out a fine collection. Winner of the best-dressed and best-coordinated categories!

"To compete in sports, you don't have to be good, you just have to look good!"

Subscribe to: Posts (RSS)