Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Tale of Two Grapefruits

Man it's hit or miss with grapefruits these days. I got one of those "bag-o-grapefruits" from Publix...you know the value priced 8 pack that comes in the netted bag. Yesterday's grapefruit was the juiciest and most delicious one I have ever had. Then today, from the same bag....looking the same as all the other ones in the bag was what must have been a mutated orange disguised as a grapefruit. When I tried to peel it the skin was as thick and tough as an Old Navy bomber jacket. Seriously, I hacked at that thing and broke a nail. When I finally bit into it there was hardly any juice and what was there was bitter as hell! A truly disastorous experience particularly when just 24 hours ago I was basking in the glow of the perfect fruit.

Is consistency in produce too much to ask for?

No comments:

Subscribe to: Posts (RSS)