Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cold Case

Tonight it was unnerving to come face to face with the Walgreen's "Cold Remedy Wall" while my nose was running and I needed instant relief. So many combinations to choose from. An overwhelming, endless list of brands- Nyquil, Alka Seltzer, Benedryl, Comtrex, Tylenol, Dristan, the list goes on and on. Then you have to decide drowsy or non- drowsy. What if I just have enough time to take....a nap? Do I take half of a drowsy pill? Or should I mix a drowsy pill with a non drowsy pill and hope for the best? Honest to god does a 12 hour medication have ANY value after 6 hours? If I take a "decongestant" does that mean that my phlegm-y stuff is going to loosen up and my nose is going to run even more? If I have some Benedryl allergy relief medication left over from hay fever season can I use that for my cold? Is it the same shit as the cold medication? Does a caplet work better than a gel cap?
What happens if I don't have a sore throat but I only have medication that includes sore throat relief? Will I be over medicating? And what is this $20 Mucinex stuff? When did this crap get on the shelf? Does it work? Does anyone ever use generic cold relief medication? If a product called "Wal-dryl" has the same ingredients as "Benedryl" why would it work as well and cost 3 dollars less?

I ended up buying Alka-Seltzer daytime cold tablets and Benedryl D nighttime cold relief.....
But honestly, I think the half pint of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream and 3 giant 7/11 chocolate chip cookies that I purchased on my way home is what will really make me feel better.

No comments:

Subscribe to: Posts (RSS)